Hire Splicer KF4A for a splicer suited to FTTx and splicing at height. With everything built in to the splicer platform you won’t need to carry any hand tools when you work at height. This makes splicing convenient, fast and trouble free. Consequently, you won’t have to juggle cleaver, hand strippers and alcohol bottles when you are up a pole or working on a ladder, the KF4A has everything safe in one unit. We have an option to splice on connectors, repair cables and make pigtails and bespoke patch cords to exact specifications on site. It is not just a splicer, it is a splicing multi-tool.
The 4 motor active cladding alignment means that losses are low and a built in heat stripper gives high strength splices. You can splice connectors directly to fibre and make your own pigtails and patch cords on site. The KF4A gives you maximum flexibility, capability and productivity. View the KF4A Datasheet Here!
- Heat Stripper: softens and rips the coating off the fibre without touching the glass. so splices are stronger and splice breaks are minimised. Click here to see the strength advantages of heat stripping the fibre.
- Active Alignment: 4 motor Active Clad to Clad alignment ensures low loss splices of 0.02dB on singlemode and 0.01dB on multimode fibre.
- Fibre Holders: The KF4A comes fitted with fibre clamps but we offer the option of fibre holders to transport fibre between stages so that you can splice faster. This option includes holders for cables and Splice On Connectors so you can make your own pigtails and bespoke patch cords. (You can make a precise length 9 metre SCPC to LCAPC patch cord on site)
- Alcohol Dispenser: A One-touch pump action dispenser is built into the splicer for easy cleaning of fibres.
- Cleaving: The Auto rotating cleaver blade moves round after each cleave which ensures better cleaving and reduces the need for maintenance. A built in fibre chip collector ensures a safe working environment.