Fusion splicing course OP-491 is suitable for installation and splicing engineers and this hands-on course will teach you how to use a splicer, make a telecom fibre joint, a patch panel and a wall mount box. In addition you will learn how to maintain and look after your splicer and cleaver to ensure best results every time. The course is 100% practice based and will give you all the skills you need to start splicing in the fibre industry.
The course covers fibre preparation and splicing and involves practical sessions where you will prepare cables and join them together in an in-line joint and complete a termination patch panel and small wall box. You will complete this by testing the link using a source and meter.
By the end of the course you will be proficient in the following:
- Fibre preparation – how to prepare fibre and cables
- Fusion Splicing – How to operate and maintain a fusion splicer
- Fibre Jointing – Make and repair an 8 fibre singlemode joint
- Termination Jointing – terminate a fibre patch panel and small wall box
- Insertion Loss testing – make an end to end commissioning test of your termination joints
FUSION SPLICING COURSE TRAINING NOTES
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- SPLICING BASICS
- SPLICING PROCEDURE
- FIBRE MANAGEMENT & JOINTING